Under Chapter 3 of the City Code, the Hutchinson Human Relations Commission (HHRC) is a nine (9) member advisory board to the City Council. The HHRC endeavors to eliminate prejudice and to create harmonious relationships among the various groups in this city through public education and outreach. Chapter 3 of the Hutchinson City Code is the Human Relations Ordinance, which prohibits discrimination in employment, housing and public accommodations on the basis of race, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability and familial status (in housing).
For information and guidance in how to file a discrimination complaint, please contact Meryl Dye, Assistant City Manager, at email@example.com or (620) 620-259-4118, TDD KS Relay Center 7-1-1. You will receive confidential assistance and follow-up support when filing a formal discrimination charge with Federal or State civil rights agencies.
The HHRC regularly meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. in the Council Conference Room at City Hall, 125 East Avenue B, Hutchinson. Meetings are open to the public.
Community Conversation Series
The HHRC hosts the Community Conversation Series on the third Tuesday of the first month in each quarter at the Hutchinson Public Library (upstairs auditorium) from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Various topics on discrimination are selected by the HHRC. The public is invited to attend.
Notice as of Oct 25 2017: Community Conversation events are on hold until further notice on this webpage and to local media.
Link to article provided at July 18, 2017 Community Conversation on Race:
KANSAS LANDLORD-TENANT LAW - Information about the Kansas Landlord-Tenant Law is provided in a brief video series produced by Click here to view the video presentation.
- Members of the Human Relations Commission have been invited to a video preview scheduled for Monday, November 6, 2017 at 2 p.m. in the Justice Theater of the Shears Technology Center on the campus of Hutchinson Community College. A quorum of Human Relations Commissioners may be present.
- The regular meeting of the Human Relations Commission scheduled for Wednesday, November 15, 2017 is CANCELLED.
Meryl R. Dye
Assistant City Manager/ADA Coordinator
City Manager's Office
125 E Avenue B
Hutchinson, KS 67501
TDD: KS Relay 7-1-1
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Age Discrimination
- Assistance Animals under ADA
- Assistance Animals under Fair Housing
- Equal Opportunity in Housing
- Housing Discrimination_Are You a Victim_English
- Housing Discrimination_Are You a Victim_Spanish
- National Origin Discrimination Fact Sheet
- Pregnancy Discrimination Fact Sheet
- Race Discrimination Fact Sheet
- Religious Discrimination Fact Sheet